Friday, March 27, 2009

A Little Dries Van Noten Inspired DIY Project












I love the Dries Van Noten cuffs that came down the spring runway.
As I said, I'm trying to save my money. I decided to try and
make a cuff myself. I used dupioni silk, black square
paillettes, and black leather strands for the straps.
I made the straps extra long so I can wrap them around the
cuff a few times for a really cool look like on the runway.
I'm going to do a different look on the other side using
beading and embroidery. It will be much more detailed.
I didn't have any tiny needles for the beads to fit through.
I'll have two cuffs in one by the time I'm finished!
No one was home to help me tie the leather
strands so I did my best to do so myself for the last picture. :)
I also had another cool idea...
I tried tying the cuff around my ankle and
I realized that if I had two, they would look so cute with black pumps!